23 Nov 2006

A Little Clarification...

For those of you who haven't read the zotadmin post on the MacHeist forums, I thought I better point this out to you. A user called Cassiel said this:

Okay, I think it's time for me to clean it up.
15 pages of thoughts are enough.

It was fun seeing all you guys trying to solve this "heist" or "puzzle", or whatever. There's nothing real behind that. I've managed to get some friends and contacts through AIM together who helped me out doing this.

All the GPS coordinates you've seen were taken from different Google sightseeing websites on the net. Me and my friends managed to comment on blogs using different IP addresses and comments. Everyone who had a post on their website copied it into the forum. That's of course why we wrote comments like "remember rule 1", etc.

I never thought you guys would take it for real, but only some of you thought about this is a fake. Thanks for your patience and happy thanksgiving to all people who live in the US.

Oh and please don't be angry. It was hard work to manage this and I think you also had fun. Good luck for the next real heist.


I would just like to point out that this does not mean that Cassiel made this blog. Nor does it mean that anything he said is true. Also, I would like to point out that I didn't comment on any of the blogs and that the comments were not made by the real Hubert either*. This is also the reason why I didn't pose all of your questions to Hubert (along with the lack of time I had talking to him). This was shown in that last post where Hubert said that he had not posted the GPS coordinates for the large female organ/smile.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion that some people seem to be in after all of this.

P.S. I think Cassiel and his friends did a very good job of tricking people into believing the comments that he left. I guess that's partly due to the nature of the competition.

For now, think carefully...
*Well, maybe some were...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, let's not talk about split personalities, please :D

Anonymous said...

If you had read *all* my comments on the MacHeist forums dear Hubert, you should know that I even didn't wrote any comment or posted any GPS coordinates.